Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Will I get all the child support from the non-custodial parent if i am on public assistance?

He's not paying yet, that's why I have to be on public, cash to be exact, assistance. When the child support order goes through, and he starts paying, will I get all of it or will the gov' take it? What if I am no longer on assistance by then?Will I get all the child support from the non-custodial parent if i am on public assistance?
yep he pays them and then they pay you.





Once you get off of public assistance then you can take him to court for the child support and then it will go to you. I know in NY when I was on public assistance it went to them and then after I got off of public assistance it came to me. He wages were garnished by then. Every year they send me a Cost of Living (COLA) update asking if I want to update my order of child support.Will I get all the child support from the non-custodial parent if i am on public assistance?
if you are on welfare the state will take your child support payments to recoup what they are paying you. once you get off of welfare the payments will come directly to you.
In Ohio, they take keep it to pay back the assistance you are getting. Basically, he'd be paying them to give you money.

No comments:

Post a Comment