Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you believe that every child want to marry their parent subconciously?

seriously i look throughout my life at every girl i have dated and they all remind me of either my mother or grandmother either in the way they look or they way they act.





i was raised by both.


do you agree with the saying every man is up to marry his own mother.Do you believe that every child want to marry their parent subconciously?
No, but Sigmund Freud did.





My mother would drive me crazy. Can you see George Costanza with a woman like his Mother? How about Raymond from ';Everybody Loves Raymond';?Do you believe that every child want to marry their parent subconciously?
Freud had a similar theory which he titled the ';Oedipus Complex'; named after a greek god who married his mother. The Oedipus Complex states that every male child is sexually attracted to their mother. The child soon realizes his father already has his mother, and then becomes angry at his father. So instead, the child looks for a girl that is similar to his mother.





The reason I believe those that we are attracted to are like our mother's is very simple. These two women are women we respect. We may respect our mother because of her independence, and out of that found respect for independence, we seek a mate who has that characteristic.
In a way, but it's not literal. Your mother and grandmother were your first experiences interacting with the opposite sex. If they were kind and you had good impressions from them, why wouldn't you look for the same things in your future partner? It's only logical.





On the other hand, people who have somewhat negative experiences with their opposite sex parent usually look for someone who's almost the exact opposite. My husband's mom is verbally abusive and emotionally unstable. Physically, I couldn't be more different from my mother in law. She's overweight, I'm very thin. She's tall. I'm short. She has blond hair and blue eyes. I have dark hair and eyes. My personality is also very different from hers. Clearly, he isn't looking to marry his mother.
yeah, most men tend to go for women who are like their mother, and women tend to go for men who are like their fathers. it's weird, but it makes sense. You go for a person who is like the person you made your first relationship with.
I believe that men compare the women they date to the women in their life..if they loved the women that raised them of course they will look for someone similar..if they hated them then they will go for the exact opposite.
If i found a woman like my mother i would commit suicide. My mother is a 25 cent hooker. :D If you got a quarter I'll give you her card. lol. Just be careful she has contracted every std 900 times. :)
Yeah they said something about this on tyra.


A guy subconciously trys to find a girl who is similar and like his mother.
possibly.


i've learned that women are attracted to men who remind them of their fathers.
My mother killed herself, and it was the best day of my life. So, no to your question--I love my wife.
my answer to that is no

No comments:

Post a Comment