Saturday, August 21, 2010

When I file for financial aid can i use either parent?

My mother has claimed me on her taxes. My parents are not together but my father also has his income taxes. if my mom is claiming me can i use my dads information to file instead of my moms?? I am filing for fafsa here in california.When I file for financial aid can i use either parent?
It doesn't matter which parent claims you on their taxes. It doesn't matter which state you live in. The Federal Regulations to determine the 'parent of record' covers all 50 states.





Which parent have you lived with most in the last 12 months?





If it is a 50/50 split, then which parent provided more than 51% financial support to you?





If that is a 50/50 split then which parent paid for your health insurance?





Once you've answered those questions you should know which is the 'parent of record'. This is the parent whose financial information you will use on the FAFSA.





Hope this helps.When I file for financial aid can i use either parent?
If your parents are divorced then you need to use the parent that you live with the majority of the time. If you live with both parents equally then you need to use the one that provides you the most financial support.
Depends if your parents are together or seperated. If your parents are seperated then you would use only the parent that you currently supports you. If both parents are married then you will have to use both parents financial information.
careers.scienceontheweb.net - try this site. It has info about different US scholarships for college students and their grades requirements.
They will ask for BOTH parent's information.





I applied to the same site today.

No comments:

Post a Comment