Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Am I the only parent who is sick to death of school projects?

My kids, now in middle and high school, have had a ridiculous amount of school projects over the years. I am so tired of it! We have spent so much time on money on these projects, and they just seem like silly busy work. What ever happened to just the ';3 R's?';Am I the only parent who is sick to death of school projects?
Amen sister!!


our school not only gives ridiculous projects but is also constantly asking for money for some reason. Just this week they tried to get me for $30 dollars. Something about my daughter needing ';special'; (expensive) scissors for her class. I called and said she either uses the ones we already have or else she will need to borrow from the school. Urggh!!! I feel your pain!!Am I the only parent who is sick to death of school projects?
I'm not a parent, but I agree that many things that are assigned in school today seem to be busy work. Especially in ';advanced'; classes. They are supposed to be harder, but in reality (most of the time anyway) the only thing hard about them is having to do all of the extra work, that in itself is not that challenging, just time-consuming. Schools seem to believe that if a student is doing something, then they are learning. I completely agree with you. Also, many things that aren't projects are just to prepare for tests. Teachers aren't teaching so that students will learn important facts and lessons; they are teaching because the kids need to do well on the exams, so that the teacher will look good, so that the school will get money. Sorry for rambling.
you are probably not the only parent to is sick of them, but think about how your child feels when they have to do them. But those silly projects also teach your children responsibility so keep that in mind too. However if you feel that way and your kids see that, they probably may think that it is ok and they will wait till the last minute to do it, or not even so just keep in mind not to show your frustration, however, just think after high school is college and you do not have to work on anymore projects hahah
I'm not a parent.


But I'm pretty sure my dad is sick to death of school projects.


Whenever I tell him that I have a project he gets angry at me =( and asks:


I have to take you where?


I have to buy WHAT?


Why are you still on the computer?


etc.





stupid school.
lol yeah, all you need to study are books. These projects are a waste of time. Since I started homeschooling in 9th I am smarter than most kids without doing projects. Its better to study out of books because its more efficient
You probably aren't. There are tons of people doing quite large varieties of things on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment