Saturday, August 21, 2010

Anyone care to share their twins experience? Either as a parent or a sibling?

I am 12 weeks pregnant with twins, and now that I am past the worst of the miscarriage / vanishing twins part, I am curious about others experience with twins.





Anyone who can describe


1) carrying twins


2) losing twins


3) having children who are twins


4) having a sibling who is a twin





I am also very curious about how close girl / boy twins are, and how well they usually get along.Anyone care to share their twins experience? Either as a parent or a sibling?
Ok, I can answer the carrying twins part. I am 22 weeks with fraternal twins. One of each :oD





I am really already over this pregnancy. I have days where I absolutely love my BIG bump and days where I wish I would just stop growing!!! (I look 7 months gone, not the five I actually am)I have had constant Indigestion and have been hospitalised twice with severe reflux. I had a heavy bleed at 10 weeks but everything has been relatively smooth since then. I have had a kidney infection also. (Not pleasant) The best part for me by far is feeling them kick. It's usually the girl that starts it, then the boy finishes it. lol.





I was told by my OBGYN the other day that I will most likely need a C-sec as the babes are measuring large for twins and the posterior twin is feet down. (they dont think she is going to have enough room to shift.)





The thought of having TWO newborn babies in the house scares the crap outta me! lol. But we couldn't be happier.





I have PCOS and was told I would never have kids. Lost my left ovary and fallopian tube when I was 17. Had My little man Connor 2 years ago. Took us over a year to conceive this time but was well worth the wait.





Good luck with it all, Hope I have helped with my little rant!!! lolAnyone care to share their twins experience? Either as a parent or a sibling?
I have 1 year old twins girls. Strangers think they are identical but I think they look nothing alike (they are fraternal). I can tell you that if you are anything like me you will be HUGE in your last trimester. My girls were almost 6lbs each when they were born at 37 weeks and I had to always get a table at restaurants because I couldn't fit in the booths. When they are awake you feel kicking all over the place.





My girls stopped sleeping in the same crib when they were about 9-10 months because they kept waking each other up but I recommend they co sleep (even if they are different sexes) because they will sleep better and feel much more secure that way.





They are still very close now and love to play with each other. Even though they get mad at each other sometimes it is so much fun ti watch them play and interact with each other. Twins are like any other sibling and they get jealous of one another.





I would say the hardest part of being a parent of twins is giving each child the attention they need. Because there are two of them you have to divide your attention up equally and that causes jealously.





Overall it is very special to be a parent of twins. Twins have a bond that no one can really understand unless you are one.
I am an identical twin. We have a sister who is 9 years older than us. Our mother always said the my twin and I were much easier to raise than our older sister was because we always had each other to play with, whereas our older sister always needed to be entertained. As far as being a twin myself, we fought terribly growing up, but since we are older, out on our own and not living together, we are the best of friends. I think we always were, but we just spent too much time together so we fought. I couldn't imagine life without her! It's definitely a special kind of bond.
first off congrats and best of luck.





i was carrying twins in 04 i m/cd at 12 weeks with mine i also have twin cousins and my sister (older) was part of a set of twins but her twin died before birth





a friend of mine is preg with twins and thankfully past her 12 weeks mark as well she has lost two sets before now for different reasons this set is doing great so far and we are all pulling for a to term carry for her





i still have not been able to get preg since my loss myself but for a few reasons
I can only weigh in on what it feels like to be a twin and be the cousin of twins. There were two sets born in our family, only ten months apart. My sister and I are identical, my cousins are boy/girl. Having a twin growing up was pretty cool. We really didn't have any problems distinguishing our identities or have to fight for attention. We really were what you would call ';polar opposites';. So we had our own niches. I would say that it wasn't that different than being a sibling to either one of our brothers. We just happened to look alike and be in the same grade. We are still close, at 24. I have three children (two and one on the way) and am married. She is engaged and has no children. My cousins have what I would consider a more typical twin relationship than me and my sister. The girl was dominant and her brother used to follow her around everywhere. But as young children, the girl really wanted to be a boy. She never wore a shirt and would run around the yard with boys underwear. They have a sorta dependent relationship but not really in an unhealthy way. The brother has a hard time when he sister is not around for a period of time. And always has. He would never spend the night at a friends house because he didn't want to be away from her. They are 25 now and one is married with two kids (girl) and one still lives as home and has not really 'flown' in life (no job, no girlfriend, not a lot of friends, kinda agoraphobic). I think most of their relationship was personality though. They really had a similar environment as us, so I can't really think why they might have had issues. But that is my two cents :) Good luck. I would like to a parent of twins, but I have no genetic inclination toward them. Me and my sister were a freak of nature and the other set is from my dad's sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment